One of the greatest things about Cornwall is the great outdoors
Breathtaking coastline, cliff top walks and stunning surfing bays are all just a short distance away from our Beach Houses at Towan Valley, and when the sun shines there really is no better place to be! Stretching across 630 miles, the South West Coast Path is England’s longest way marked long-distance footpath. The Coast Path is enjoyed by millions of residents and visitors to the South West every year. The sheer variety means there are plenty of gentle stretches as well as dramatic headlands and steep coastal valleys.
There are plenty of walks within the coastal path. Our favourite routes around Porthtowan are:
– Godrevy Head – a 0.6 mile short walk across St Ives Bay (easy)
– Beacon on the Coast – a 6.3 mile route in St Agnes (moderate)
– Wheal Coates – a 2.6 mile route above Chapel Porth in St Agnes (moderate)
– Clodgy Point – a 3.3 miles walk starting from St Ives Station (moderate)
– Holywell and Kelsey Head – a 3.7 mile walk across sand dunes and cliff tops (moderate)
– Newquay’s Twin Headlands – a 5 mile walk around Newquay’s shoreline (moderate)
Dogs are welcome on the Coast Path providing they don’t disturb livestock and wildlife, or cause a nuisance to other walkers. Beacon on the Coast and Holywell and Kelsey Head are great places to take your dog for a walk, with dog friendly pubs and beaches along the way.
Have you tried any of these walks yet? Let us know how you got on in the box below, or share your photos with us on Facebook!