Recognising the Environment
Here at Towan Valley we care about our local environment and have taken as many steps as we can to ensure that being eco-friendly is at the heart of what we do.
Waste recycling, composting and rain water collection are intrinsic parts of life here, and we also benefit from:
- A low carbon footprint
- Timber frame construction from renewable sources
- Sedum roofs
- Double glazed windows for heat retention
- High levels of thermal insulation
- Low voltage lighting
- Interior ventilation system and heat recovery system
- Composting area and rainwater butts
- A short walk to the beach
Next time you visit us at Towan Valley why not take the ‘Green Challenge’ and see if you can cross each of the following off your list!
- Live like a local – look out for farmer’s markets and fresh produce sold within Porthtowan (check out our recommendations here to help you on your way)
- Use public transport – there’s so much to do and see in Porthtowan, you won’t actually need to use your car (see our list of car free activities here). If you find yourself planning a day trip, why not look up our pubic transport services to help us reduce congestion and emissions?
- Minimise waste – here at Towan Valley we have a special waste recycling system in place. It’s pretty straightforward, but you can talk to Mel in reception if you want to find out more.
- Turn off and turn down – think about your energy and water use whilst on holiday. This should help to keep holiday costs down too!
- Leave nothing but footprints – we’re lucky to be located in an Area of Natural Beauty. Help us keep it that way by maintaining the landscape and taking rubbish back with you.
Thank you and good luck!